Dollywood Day Trip
Tip: Visit the Timber Canyon / Wilderness Pass areas of the park early in the day to reduce wait time on the following rides. (Note: Turn left after entering the turnstiles at the main entrance.)
- FireChaser Express – The nation's first dual-launch family coaster – blasting riders forward and backward!
- Wild Eagle – America's first wing coaster lets riders feel as if they are actually soaring high above the Smoky Mountains.
- Thunderhead – This wooden coaster is the wildest ride in the woods with a 100-foot drop and a top speed of 55 mph.
- Mystery Mine – Uncertain encounters and amazing maneuvers await on this steel coaster, including a hair-raising 95-degree, 85-foot vertical drop that plunges into darkness!
- Tennessee Tornado – A force of nature all its own, this triple spiral-looping coaster makes you feel like you've landed inside a funnel cloud!
- Lightning Rod –Themed after a tricked out 1950s-era hot rod, Lightning Rod launches riders from zero to 45 mph more than 20 stories up its lift hill to one of the ride’s first airtime moments. (Located in Jukebox Junction)
Use the show schedule to help plan your day so you don’t miss our award-winning entertainment. Entertainment acts and times vary throughout the year, but the following crowd-favorite shows are some of our most popular.
- Kingdom Heirs (March 18 - Oct. 28) - It’s Southern gospel music at its finest as Dollywood’s own award-winning quartet, the Kingdom Heirs, lift your spirits with beautiful four-part harmonies as they sing ageless gospel standards along with their own chart-topping hits.
- Dreamland Drive-In (April 29 - Oct. 15) - Take a nostalgic trip down memory lane with chart-topping hits of the '50s and '60s.
- Mother Africa (March 18 - April 09) - This amazing show combines skillful acrobatics, modern and traditional dance, comedy and colorful costumes, all set to the music of a renowned live band.
- Slask (March 18 - April 09) - One of Europe’s most prominent folk dance and music ensembles, Slask features more than 30 dancers in hundreds of richly embroidered, handmade costumes representing the various regions of Poland.
- enra (April 10 - April 22 ) - Tokyo-based dance company enra comes to Dollywood with a high-energy, multi-media dance, light and video fusion show.
Families with small children may especially enjoy these ride and attractions.
- Firehouse Fun Yard - Dollywood’s new FireChaser Express proves recruits come in all sizes, and now recruits less than 39 inches can enjoy their time at the new FireChaser Express Firehouse Fun Yard. Note: Children may get wet at this attraction.
- Country Fair - This area features rides and attractions reminiscent of an old-time country fair. Some of the great rides located in this area include:
- Rockin' Roadway - If you've ever dreamed of taking the wheel of a classic Corvette, Thunderbird or maybe a Cadillac, here's your chance.
Guests interested in Smoky Mountain culture and history may enjoy these attractions.
- Dollywood Express - Our authentic 110-ton coal-fired steam engine takes you on a breathtaking five-mile journey through the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains where you'll enjoy pastoral scenery and some of the most beautiful views that nature has to offer.
- Grist Mill - The Grist Mill is home of the world’s best cinnamon bread and other items you can only find here!
- Robert F. Thomas Church - Step inside this one-room country church where the simple wooden pews and hardwood floors echo with the sounds of families and neighbors gathering for Sunday morning worship.
- Smoky Mountain Crafts - Dollywood features various artisans who will share their craft with you. Some of the great crafts located in Dollywood include:
Guests interested in Dolly Parton’s life and legacy should visit these features.
- Chasing Rainbows - What does an entertainment legend do with countless awards, elaborate costumes and priceless artifacts? If you're Dolly, you share them with your fans in this state-of-the-art interactive museum.
- My People! (May 05 - Jan. 01) - On Dolly’s incredible journey from Locust Ridge, Tenn., to stages around the world, family has been her common thread.
- Dolly's Home-on-Wheels - Take a look inside the bus that took Dolly all across the U.S.
- Smoky Mountain Home - You'll get a true feeling of what Dolly means when she speaks of her Tennessee Mountain Home.